Yesterday, we mistakenly claimed your State Rep. Mike Burns voted to eliminate the state budget transparency law.
He did not, and we apologize to you for that error.
However, Mike Burns DID vote for the biggest spending budget in state history (you can see vote here) that funneled millions of your tax dollars to pet projects - including the elite Charleston Wine + Food Festival.
Other pet projects that Mike voted to funnel your money to include (but are not limited to):
- $9,000,000 for Columbia Convention Center Renovation
- $5,000,000 for the Sumter Opera House
- $1,500,000 for the Goose Creek Amphitheatre in Berkeley County
- $1,000,000 for an "I-85 Justification Report"
- $500,000 for the Surfside Beach Pier - a pier in Surfside Beach, SC
- $500,000 for "Feral Swine Eradication"
- $300,000 for "Stump Removal" at Lake Marion
Does Mike Burns think these pet projects are a good use of your tax dollars?
Ask Mike directly.
Here's his phone number: 864-906-6949
*Find out more about Mike's voting record, who funds his campaign, how he makes a living, etc. Click here.