State Representative Brian White is one of the most powerful politicians in the state. Chairman of House Ways & Means Committee since 2011, White is the architect of the big-spending annual state budget.
As Ways & Means Chairman, White sits on the powerful State Fiscal Accountability Authority (approves state contracts) and the Joint Bond Review Committee (approves state debt).
On the side, he sells insurance.
White receives commissions from government-funded lobbying organizations and state agencies that buy insurance through his company.
Since he became Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee, those same government and lobbying entities have seen the amount of taxpayer dollars they receive explode!
This looks like a "pay to play" scheme.
AG Wilson and SLED need to open a criminal investigation to answer the following questions:
- Did White knowingly use his official office to obtain an economic interest for himself and his insurance agency?
- Did he use his office to influence a government decision in which he and his insurance agency would obtain an economic interest?
- Are these government agencies buying insurance from White in exchange for an increase of their taxpayer-funded share of the state budget?
- Could these government agencies purchase comparable policies elsewhere at a better rate?
- Is White reporting ALL income derived from state government entities and lobbyist principals?