State Representative Brian White was one of the most powerful politicians in the state. He was Chairman of House Ways & Means Committee 2011 to 2018, White was the architect of the big-spending annual state budget.
As Ways & Means Chairman, White sat on the powerful State Fiscal Accountability Authority (approves state contracts) and the Joint Bond Review Committee (approves state debt).
On the side, he sells insurance.
White receives commissions from government-funded lobbying organizations and state agencies that buy insurance through his company.
Since he became Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee, those same government and lobbying entities have seen the amount of taxpayer dollars they receive explode!
This looks like a "pay to play" scheme.
Thankfully, Speaker of the House Jay Lucas removed White from his powerful position.
But AG Wilson and SLED need to open a criminal investigation to answer the following questions:
- Did White knowingly use his official office to personally profit?
- Did he use his office to influence a government decision in which he and his business would profit?
- Are these government agencies buying insurance from White in exchange for an increase of their taxpayer-funded share of the state budget?
- Could these government agencies purchase comparable policies elsewhere at a better rate?
- Is White reporting ALL income derived from state government entities and groups that have a lobbyist in the State House?